Inside Self-Storage is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

Self-Storage Construction Worker Burned by Power Lines at Buckeye, AZ, Development

A 26-year-old man working at a self-storage construction site in Buckeye, Ariz., suffered second- and third-degree burns over 50 percent of his body last Thursday when he came into contact with high-voltage power lines while on an elevated scissor lift. The extreme current caused significant burns of varying extents throughout his body. The incident occurred around 9 a.m. on Yuma Road east of Watson Road, according to the Buckeye Fire-Medical-Rescue Department.

Emergency responders treated the unidentified worker at the scene. He was later airlifted to a local burn unit in critical condition. The incident is under investigation by the Buckeye police and fire departments. It is likely to be addressed by Occupational Safety and Health Administration as well, according to a source.

Arizona Central, Man Suffers Second-, Third-Degree Burns at Buckeye Construction Site
KTAR News, Buckeye Construction Worker Badly Burned in Electrocution Accident
The Legal Herald, Buckeye, Arizona, Worker Suffers Severe Burns After Electrocution On Yuma Rd Construction

TAGS: News
Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.