A new workshop dedicated to the topic of online marketing has been added to the agenda for the Inside Self-Storage World Expo in Las Vegas, March 14-16, at the Paris Hotel & Casino. Taught by Eric Shanfelt, president of eMedia Strategist, the three-hour workshop will teach attendees how to get more customers from the search engines for freeall in easy-to-understand layman's termswhether or not they even have a facility website.
The seminar will take place Wednesday, March 16, 12:30-3:30 p.m. Shanfelt will cover:
- An introduction to local search
- How to create or claim a business listing in Google, Yahoo and Bing
- What are data providers, why they are important, and how to update them
- Other major Internet directories on which businesses should claim their listing
- How to help a listing show higher in search results
- Understanding and developing citations (references to a business)
- The importance of customer reviews (and how to manage them)
- How to convert visitors into customers
- How to optimize a website to help a business rank better
- Answers to specific questions and situations (as time allows)
Every attendee will receive a free copy of "The Local Search Handbook," an in-depth guide to local search optimization specifically written for business owners. Shanfelt will also present important local-search research data about the self-storage market from 10 metro areas around the country.
The ISS Expo will include four comprehensive education tracks, several peer-to-peer networking events, a Self-Storage Q&A, two days of exhibits and more. Attendees can take advantage of discount room rates through Feb. 15 by calling 1.800.HARRAHS and mentioning the expo name. Details about the industrys largest conference and tradeshow can be found at www.insidselfstorageworldexpo.com.