Have you been missing that feeling of industry connection? Longing for some healthy business interaction? The coronavirus has really put a wrench in the works this year in terms of conferences and tradeshows. But never fear … The Inside Self-Storage Virtual Event is here!
Nothing can replace the vibrancy, energy and opportunity of the live ISS World Expo in Las Vegas. We don’t dispute it. But in a pandemic environment, concessions must be made for health and safety. The good news is you can still learn, network, interact and shop to propel your self-storage business forward this year. We’re going to get everyone together online, Sept. 29-30, from owners to managers to investors and everyone in between. You don’t have to travel, or wear a mask or worry about social distancing. Just get comfortable, grab your favorite Internet-connected device, and enjoy this top-notch virtual experience.
If you want to sharpen your skills, learn about new self-storage products and services, and network with your peers, all from the comfort of your home or office, this is the event for you. Need more convincing? Well, it’s free, so there’s nothing to lose! You now have a safe way to learn, grow and connect with experts and colleagues, so you can survive and thrive in this challenging, ever-changing economic environment.
How It Works
The ISS Virtual Event platform is easy and fun to use. After you complete a simple online registration process, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link to access the online environment on event days. Once you enter the lobby, you’ll have options to visit:
- The education theater, where presentations will take place all throughout the day. If you miss a session at its original scheduled time, don’t sweat it. For maximum convenience, an on-demand version will also be available until the end of the event.
- The exhibit hall, where 24 of the self-storage industry’s top suppliers will be on display, with customer-service representatives ready and waiting to interact with you. When you visit a booth, you can chat with a rep, watch company video, download company information and more.
- The new-product tour, where you can access videos and product sheets on the latest industry innovations.
- The resource center, where you can access all kinds of educational downloads including articles, digital issues, whitepapers, case studies and more on a wide range of industry topics.
- A store, where you can purchase copies of education sessions from the event itself, plus dozens more that were originally scheduled to be presented at the ISS World Expo in Las Vegas this year.
- A networking lounge, where you can engage in one-on-one or group chats with presenters, peers and vendors and other experts.
- A help desk, staffed by live agents, where you can get assistance with technical difficulties and answers to common questions.
As a registered attendee, you’ll be able to move freely throughout the digital environment. All rooms will be open and available 24/7 during the event, though booth, store and help-desk staff will be online only during live event hours, which are 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern.
As an attendee, you’ll also have a personal digital “briefcase” in which you can store all materials you download from exhibitor booths, the new-product tour and resource center. Think of it as your “show bag.” It may even be pre-populated with a few items we think you’ll enjoy and find useful. We know it isn’t the same as walking down the aisles grabbing pens, stress balls, flashlights and candy, but we’ll do our best to keep you well-stocked in virtual goodies.
The first day kicks off with a special keynote presentation, “Self-Storage in a Time of Pandemic: Industry Impact and Survival Strategies,” presented by RK Kliebenstein, principal at Coast-to-Coast Realty Advisors LLC and author of the “How to Make Money in Self-Storage” book series. Day two launches with “What Comes Next? A Panel Discussion of Self-Storage in a Post-COVID World,” hosted by the owners of the Atomic Storage Group and other industry experts, who’ll discuss the trajectory of self-storage and predictions for performance.
Each day will also offer six seminars, one each from the following categories: Building, Customer Experience, Innovation, Investing, Leadership and Operations. Here’s a sample of session titles:
- 7 Things Self-Storage Investors MUST Do to Prepare for the Coming Recession
- Optimizing the Elements of the Online Storage-Rental Experience
- You Might Need a Self-Storage Lawyer if…
- The Full Enchilada: Competitive Compensation and Motivation for Self-Storage Staff
- Smart Strategies to Reduce Self-Storage Building Costs
- Tech Evolution: Exploring the Self-Storage Virtual-Management Model
You’ll also have access to two live, open-forum Q&A discussions on each day. On Sept. 29, they’ll be focused on Investing & Development and Management & Operation. On Sept. 30, they’ll address self-storage legal issues and Technology & Security. Each will allow you the chance to ask questions and get answers from experts in those segments of the field.
Visit the event website to read a complete agenda plus session descriptions, speaker bios and more. Again, there’s no need to worry if you miss individual sessions as they occur, as they’ll be recorded and available for on-demand viewing. This gives you the flexibility you need for a more enriching experience.
There’s no question that live conferences and tradeshows offer many perks; but a virtual event allows you to soak up information on your own time, in an environment of your choosing. You control the pace and can design an experience that supports your goals. The best part: You, your staff and your family stay safe, and there’s literally no expense.
We look forward to seeing you there! Get details and register at issworldexpo.com/virtual.