Today’s top self-storage operators know a solid marketing plan is paramount in a tough market. Although a great location, superb service and competitive pricing all play important roles, it’s your marketing that will bring people through the door. Those who embrace a mix of online and offline strategies will achieve better brand awareness, ensuring their facility is the one customers choose.
To bring your marketing to the next level in 2018, take advantage of the expert resources on offer at the Inside Self-Storage World Expo in Las Vegas, April 3-6. The show will include 45 seminars, eight workshops, six networking opportunities and nearly 200 exhibitors, with dedicated marketing opportunities in each category. It’s the place to learn how to build an effective plan, put it into practice and analyze its effectiveness.
Find Your Target
Whether you’re new to marketing or looking refresh your skills, you’ll find guidance in the Marketing Track of education seminars on April 4 and 5. Here’s a sample from the nine available sessions:
- The Minimum Effective Dose for Self-Storage Search Marketing—Looking for a barebones plan that will still make an impact? Learn the essentials in this session.
- Like a Dog With a Phone: Mobile-Centric Marketing for Self-Storage—As more people turn to their phones for product searches, it’s critical to maintain a strong mobile presence. Get insight to advertising, social media, website content and more.
- Launching Your New Location: Using Digital Marketing to Accelerate Self-Storage Lease-Up—Hit the ground running, even before you open your doors, with our presenter’s five-step plan.
- Community-Based Marketing for Self-Storage: Branding Your Business Through Good Works—There’s no better way to create buzz than through quality interactions with community members. Find out how “doing good and giving back” will translate to more sales.
Go Big Online
It’s no secret that having a digital presence is a must these days. But simply getting people to your website is only half the battle. You must then convert your visitors to paying customers. Our Online-Marketing Workshop will show you how.
The four-hour intensive session on April 3 will be led by a panel of experts who assist operators with their marketing programs every day. They’ll provide information on everything from the “job” of your website to today’s marketing trends. The workshop will show you how to:
- Build a strong conversion path and design a smooth online user experience
- Optimize your online rentals
- Set a proper marketing budget and even save money
- Convert more rentals through competitive analysis and market positioning
- Manage your online reputation
- Prioritize your marketing strategies, including on social media platforms
- Analyze your efforts
Once you learn the ins and outs of building your marketing program, you can find potential partners in the expo hall on April 4 and 5. The nearly 200 suppliers will include experts on website creation, search engine optimization, print advertising, lead generation, pay-per-click programs and much more. Stop by these booths to learn how these experts can help you improve your efforts.
Whether you’re a DIY machine or prefer someone else takes control, you must understand the ever-changing marketing paradigm. The ISS World Expo will provide you with insight and connections to help you keep pace with new trends and practices and ensure your plan achieves the best results. To register or explore information about the education tracks, seminars and speakers, visit www.issworldexpo.com.