Inside Self-Storage is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

Gas Leak Causes Evacuation at Northwest Self Storage in Vancouver, WA

A natural-gas leak at Northwest Self Storage in Vancouver, Wash., led to an evacuation of the building last week. The incident at 2410 S.E. 164th Ave. was caused after someone drove into a gas meter, according to Joe Hudson, a spokesperson for the Vancouver Fire Department.

Two fire engines and a battalion chief were dispatched to the facility just after 11 a.m. on Oct. 18. When they discovered the leak, a hazardous-material team was called in to assess the problem. They detected concerning levels of gas in the air that required an evacuation, Hudson said. The southbound lanes on 164th Avenue were also shut down for several hours.

The hazmat team spent nearly three hours ensuring the building was property ventilated, allowing the gas levels to drop. No one was injured.

Northwest Self Storage is family-owned and -operated. Founded by Kevin Howard more than 30 years ago, the company owns three facilities in Idaho, 72 in Oregon and 17 in Washington.

Source:
The Columbian, Gas Leak Prompts Evacuation at East Vancouver Storage Facility

TAGS: News
Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish