StorageMart, a self-storage company with more than 130 locations across the United States and Canada, has rewarded five students with $1,000 checks as part of the companys ScholarSmarts program. Recipients were chosen from nearly 2,000 essay responses to one of two questions: What link is there between a clutter-free workspace and increased productivity? or How has self-storage improved your lifestyle?
Winning students for the fall semester are:
- Gloria Cardona, University of Texas-Pan American (Edinburg, Texas)
- Val Andrew Fajardo, University of Waterloo (Waterloo, Ontario, Canada)
- Mike Wilson, University of Victoria (Victoria, British Columbia, Canada)
- Chandler Smith, New York Film Academy (New York City)
- Ashley Deutsch, University of Texas (Arlington, Texas)
StorageMart started the scholarship program as a way to reward students in the United States and Canada who may not be eligible for more traditional scholarships. The program is open to any student enrolled in a college, university, apprenticeship program or other level of higher learning.
The winning essays are viewable on StorageMarts blog site, Storage Insider. The company will issue student scholarships again for the 2013 winter semester.