The Texas Self Storage Association (TSSA) has elected new officers for 2020-21 and announced changes to its board of directors. The new executive committee includes:
- President: J.D. Blacklock, Blacklock Self Storage of Fort Worth
- Vice president: Jeanne Dube, Solid Ground Storage LLC of McDade
- Treasurer: Bobby Grover, Big Tex Storage LLC of Houston
- Secretary: JoLea Conn, All Star Storage of Richmond
- Immediate past president: Matt Janes, Rosewood Property Co. of Dallas
Konrad Johnson, vice president of Affordable Attic in Dallas, and Michael Meylor, president of Neutron Corp. in San Antonio, were newly elected to the board on three-year terms. The other board members are Robb DeJean of Advantage Self Storage in Dallas, who’ll serve another three-year term; Robert Loeb of SurePoint Self Storage in Houston; John McAffee of MARJAX LLC in Friso; and Dave Morgan of SBS Construction in Boerne, who’ll serve one more year as the vendor representative.
The ex-officio board members are:
- Chris Martin, Ideal Self Storage of Waco, ex-officio past president
- April Young, Ultimate Properties of Fort Worth, ex-officio past president
- Ginny Sutton, executive director
- Connie Niemann, Heyer of Niemann & Heyer LLP of Austin, legal counsel
Established in 1986, the TSSA is a nonprofit trade association dedicated to enhancing the quality of the self-storage industry in Texas. It provides opportunities for members to increase their knowledge through education, research and discussion.