Running a self-storage business has never been more complicated or exhilarating. The latest development wave has filled many markets with intense competition; and a lot of those new facilities are rich with curb appeal, amenities and technology. The industry landscape and consumer demands are changing. So, what are you going to ensure your operation becomes and remains best-in-class?
Whether you’re just embarking on a career in self-storage management, striving to become a better manager or leader, or looking for ways to boost operational performance, you’ll find the tools and strategies you need at the Inside Self-Storage World Expo, July 21-24, at The Mirage Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. The industry’s largest conference and tradeshow offers education, resources and events designed to you help you learn, grow, compete and excel.
Learn From the Masters
Battling for market share can be tough, but learning from those who’ve been in the trenches can ease your path. This year, the critical aspects to self-storage facility management and operation will be thoroughly addressed across multiple seminar tracks. You’ll gain insight to everything from revenue management to legal issues to climbing the corporate ladder. Check out this sample of presentations you can enjoy in our Leadership and Operations Tracks:
- The Full Enchilada: Competitive Compensation and Motivation for Self-Storage Staff
- Make an Impact! Essential Traits of a True Self-Storage Leader
- Running With the Big Dawgs: What I've Learned About Building a Self-Storage Career
- Self-Storage Best Practices for Intelligent Revenue Management
- Self-Storage Undercover: The Subtle Art of Competitive Analysis
- Survivor, Self-Storage Edition: Thriving in an Increasingly Saturated Market
- When It's Gotta Be Done: Controlling Sticky Situations in Self-Storage
- You Might Need a Self-Storage Lawyer if…
Of course, managing a facility or running a business means nothing without customers. Marketing in the Digital Age has brought a new set of game rules in luring and engaging prospects. To lay out a tactical plan, consider these and other presentations from our Customer Experience Track:
- Clinch the Deal: 7 Steps to Superior Self-Storage Sales
- The Core Marketing Strategies Every Self-Storage Operator Must Master
- Doing Good and Giving Back: Uplifting Self-Storage in Your Community
- The Pillars of a Winning Self-Storage Customer Experience
- The Three Rs of Customer Experience: Relationships, Results and Revenue
For a more immersive experience, consider our two new Operations Workshops on July 24. The “Fundamentals” session at 8 a.m. will walk you through the basics of property management and offer guidelines for developing long-term strategies. Attendees will get insight to key operating metrics, hiring and training, revenue management, and more. Starting at noon, the “Advanced” session will provide hands-on demonstrations and case-study-type approaches to common practices and challenges, taking deep dive into facility software, reporting, marketing, sales and other critical skills.
Though these two workshops will give you a taste of what you need to know about facility marketing, keeping up with Google algorithms and evolving consumer behaviors has practically become a science. To give your operation the edge it needs, consider the Digital Marketing Workshop on July 21, which will offer guidance on search engine optimization, reputation management, Web design, customer conversions and more, using real-world examples and hands-on exercises.
The confidence you need to apply the principles learned at the expo can come from multiple sources, including peers and service providers. The ISS World Expo offers several opportunities through which you can interact with others, ask questions and share experiences. These include:
- Table Talks: Out of three-dozen hosted tables on July 22, about half will focus on topics related to operations, marketing and technology. Gather in a relaxed atmosphere with vendors and peers to discuss the latest in facility automation, paid search, promotional strategies and more.
- Self-Storage Q&A: On July 23, the open-forum session focused on “Management and Operation” will provide platform to ask anything you want to know about running a self-storage facility. Come on down and test our experts’ knowledge!
- Exhibits: Walk the floor on July 22 and 23 to talk directly with suppliers who can positively impact your operation. Our hall of approximately 200 exhibitors will include consultants, marketing firms, third-party management companies and more.
Your future operational success hinges on strategies and tools that help you manage, analyze and engage. Join us at the 2020 show and gain the know-how to achieve excellence. Learn more about the show’s education and networking events, exhibits, and speakers at www.issworldexpo.com.