The Arizona Self-Storage Association (AZSSA) elected its board members for 2021-22. The appointments include four incumbent members and two additions. David Grapsas, principal of United Structural Design LLC, and Lee Starrett, regional sales manager for Kiwi II Construction, were newly elected, according to a press release.
The incumbent members are:
- Director: James Appleton, MiniCo Insurance Agency LLC
- Conference chair/director: Poppy Behrens, Mini-Storage Messenger
- Legal/legislative chair: Richard Marmor
- Education chair: Carol Mixon-Krendl
Returning board members are:
- Bill Alter, Rein & Grossoehme Commercial Real Estate
- David Brown, Wentworth Property Co.
- Matthew Hall, Stadium Properties LLC
- Korey Hanson, Professional Self Storage Management
- Whitney Jurjevich, Ameripark RV & Boat Storage
- Ray McRae, Arizona Mini Storage Management Co.
- Belinda Rosthenhausler, CDC Small Business Finance
- Chris Rudel, The Rudel Co.
- Tarik Williams, TLW Construction
AZSSA’s leadership will continue with Diane Gibson, Cox Armored Mini Storage Management, as president; Jeff Gorden, The Gorden Cos., as vice president; Martin Lorch, BPI Capital Management, as treasurer; and Anne Mari DeCoster, Storelocal, as secretary.
“The AZSSA board is comprised of a dedicated team of dynamic individuals who embody excellence while continually raising the bar for the local and national self-storage industry,” said executive director Amy Amideo. “We try to honor the past and embrace the future while being mindful of the present. As such, AZSSA is truly fortunate to have our incumbents back on the board. In addition, we look forward to working with our two newly elected board members. It’s wonderful to see the synergy of experience and youthful energy.”
Founded in 1996, AZSSA comprises more than 600 member facilities owned by approximately 300 owner/operators and more than 100 vendor members. Services include a legislative watch and legal resources, communications, an online facility and vendor search, education events and networking, and an annual conference and tradeshow.