As self-storage markets emerge around the world, operators and developers face challenges in initiating and sustaining growth as well as foraging consumer understanding about the business concept. To provide information to global investors, builders and operators, Inside Self-Storage (ISS) has released its 2013 International Digital Issue, which includes in-depth articles about the growth, challenges and operation of self-storage in Asia, Africa, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
Facility owners, managers and investors will find expert articles on market evolution, development, financing, operations, obstacles, solutions and more. Covered topics include:
- Insight from Chinese self-storage operator Locker Locker on adapting to customer demands in Hong Kong and a look at the in between market in Japan
- An overview of the maturing African market, including high consumer demand and industry consolidation in progress
- An examination of how the Australian market has fought against funding limitations as a hindrance to new development and managed to forge ahead
- An overview of European activity including U.K. operators facing down a new tax; Irish consumers learning the benefits of self-storage; Store First discussing its market advantages; and developers in Russia facing limited real estate and other obstacles
- A look at how setbacks in land prices and building guidelines in North America test industry growth, as well as an update from the Canadian Self Storage Association on court action, taxes, television and more
- Insight on South American development including mini-cities, mixed-use projects and environmental consciousness; how cultural changes and foreign visitors have lead to market expansion; a developers take on the blossoming storage industry in Brazil; and a look at Latin America's first industry tradeshow
The publication is available for free download at www.insideselfstorage.com/digital-issues.
For more than 20 years, ISS has provided informational resources and services to the self-storage industry including a monthly magazine, annual conferences and tradeshows, and an extensive website. ISS is also the owner of the Self-Storage Training Institute, an online education portal for managers and owners; Self-Storage Talk, the industrys largest online community; and the ISS Store, a website for on-demand education and insight.