Eight students of Self Storage Investing (SSI), a company focused on buying and selling self-storage properties with a mission to help new investors successfully enter the business, have successfully purchased their first facilities. After completing the company’s “Mentoring Mastery” program, the participants acquired a total of 100,907 square feet across five states, according to a press release. The new owners are:
- Gary and Val Bullerman, who acquired Davenport Self Storage in Davenport, Iowa. The property comprises 18,292 square feet in 103 units.
- Armand D'Errico, who purchased Cartersville Self Storage Center in Cartersville, Ga. The 15,300-square-foot facility offers 110 units.
- Leila and Scott Durnford, who bought All Star Storage in Greer, S.C. The facility comprises 39,240 square feet in 385 units.
- Ernie Pecoraro, who acquired Aaron’s Self Storage in Clearwater, Fla. The 15,000-square-foot property offers 190 units.
- David and Krystal Peterson, who purchased Jackson Storage Solutions in Jackson, Tenn. The facility comprises 13,075 square feet in 120 units.
Company owner Scott Meyers has been involved in the self-storage industry as a developer, owner, syndicator and operator since 2005. He owns and operates 22 facilities in nine states. The SSI teaching model includes co-investments and mentorships.
Meyers was a speaker at the 2018 Inside Self-Storage World Expo, the storage industry’s largest conference and tradeshow, where he presented a seminar titled “How to Attract Private-Equity Partners to Grow Your Self-Storage Portfolio.” The session taught attendees how to “10-X” their industry acquisitions and development projects by tapping into the billions of dollars in private capital seeking investment into the asset class. The next ISS World Expo will take place April 1-4, 2019, in Las Vegas.
PR.com, First Time Self Storage Owners