The North Carolina Self Storage Association (NCSSA) elected board directors during its annual membership meeting, Oct. 25, at the Southeastern Self Storage Convention and Tradeshow in Wilmington, N.C. The new directors are Phyllis Koehler of NU Enterprises Inc. in Mooresville, Jimmy Martin of Martin Self Storage in Wilmington, Kevin Neal of Storage Structures Inc. in Colfax, and Patti Thomas of All About Storage in Concord.
Retiring from the board are Sarah Bradley of Southside Storage in Mebane, Markus Hecker of SMD Software in Raleigh and Shannon Monroe of BETCO Inc. in High Point.
Board members continuing their terms are:
- Shelley Bhatia, Ultimate Storage Co., Cary
- Stephen Emmons, Triple SSS Inc., Mooresville
- Don Forrest, Dock Yard Self Storage, Hickory
- Eric Gilbert, Moore and Johnson Insurance Agency, Raleigh
- Robert High, Robert High Properties, Wilmington
- Robert Hukill, Grandbridge Real Estate Capital, Raleigh
- Janey Lane, Lampe Management Co., Smithfield
- Bobby Mann, StorageMax Management LLC, Raleigh
- Franklin McLeod, American Self Storage, Raleigh
- Josh Rolland, U.S. Door & Building Components, Raleigh
The newly elected board also met to select officers for 2011. The new appointments are Bhatia as president, Forrest as vice president, Gilbert as secretary and High as treasurer.
NCSSA's mission is to provide its members with quality standards, proper guidance, networking opportunities, leadership, open communication and credibility for the local self-storage industry. The association is comprised of facility owner/operators as well as vendors that serve the industry NCSSA is managed by IMI Association Executives Inc., a Morrisville-based association-management company.