The Self Storage Association (SSA) has launched a four-step initiative to support relief efforts following Hurricane Katrina. First, the association will donate $5,000 to the American Red Cross. It will also donate an additional $25 for every Emergency Preparedness Manual it sells between now and Sept. 10. Third, the SSA has entered an agreement with the Red Cross to exhibit a booth for donations at its upcoming conference and tradeshow, Sept. 7-10, in Las Vegas. Attendees will be encouraged to make contributions. Finally, SSA Chairman Charles Broomfield has declared December as Self-Storage Disaster Relief Month. He will encourage association members to dedicate one month’s worth of their facilities’ administrative fees to the aid efforts. For more information, visit www.selfstorage.org.
SSA Launches Katrina Aid Initiative
- Manhattan Mini Storage Partners With Hipstermaid in Self-Storage, Cleaning Service Giveaway
- England Self-Storage Operator Easistore Opens New Facility in Maidstone
- 3 Tactics to Spread Your Self-Storage Marketing Message During Expected and Unforeseen Events
- ISS News Desk: Self-Storage Operators Add Solar Panels, Other Green Initiatives
- A-1 Self Storage Founders Donate $1.85M to Support Rotary Humanitarian Services
- Should Self-Storage Operators Muddy Their Boots With Yelp and Other Social Media?
- European Valet-Storage Company SpaceWays Expands Service to Chicago
- Kroll Bond Rating Agency Releases Special ‘PropertyBeat’ Report on Self-Storage
- Centron Self Storage Finds Spooky Creativity in Halloween Promotional Video
- Home-Improvement Retailer Menards Opens Self-Storage Conversion in Davenport, Iowa