Self-storage customers are concerned about the safety of their goods in storage, and security has become a non-negotiable amenity at any self-storage facility. Most self-storage owners and operators invest in some form of access control including perimeter fencing, access gates and keypads. Others install security equipment and features including wireless door alarms, video surveillance, digital video recorders, motion-sensor beams, and site-graphics displays. More and more self-storage owners are exploring top-level security options such as biometrics and off-site monitoring. Crime prevention in self-storage is a burgeoning issue as more and more incidents of theft, arson and vandalism are reported every year.
- Four-Year-Old Bomb Mystery Solved at Simply Self Storage in Norwood
Man Robbed at Gunpoint at Store N’ Lock Self Storage in Clearfield, Pa.
October 18, 2010 Posted in News
Vehicles Stored at Topeka, Kan., Self-Storage Burglarized
October 15, 2010 Posted in News
Antique Secretary Desk Stolen From Kansas Self-Storage Facility
October 11, 2010 Posted in News
Self-Storage Burglar Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison
October 5, 2010 Posted in News
- Self-Storage Owner Defends Controversial Sign Criticizing Muslims
- Marijuana Break-In, Lawsuit Sparks Chatter in Self-Storage Community
- Police Apprehend Man Accused of Killing, Storing Woman's Body in N.C. Self-Storage Unit
- N.C. Police Discover Woman's Body in Self-Storage, Search for Sex Offender
Man Shot and Killed Outside Australian Self-Storage Facility
September 14, 2010 Posted in News