What do you get when you combine three education tracks, 27seminars, five networking events, four add-on intensive workshops, 30-plus speakers and more than 70 product/service exhibits? You get the Inside Self-Storage World Expo in Washington, D.C., a four-day conference and tradeshow that provides the industry’s best education and value. Hosted at the beautiful Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center, Oct. 5-8, the ISS Expo will help you “figure out” how to improve your operation’s service and revenue, even in a down economy.
Three Education Tracks, 27 Seminars
The expo education program is designed to address the unique needs of facility managers, owners, builders and investors. Participants who purchase an Education Package can choose from 27 seminars as part of three comprehensive tracks:
- Facility Marketing and Promotion: Online and traditional methods, including websites, tracking, search-engine optimization, e-mail campaigns and more
- Day-to-Day Operation and Management: Sales, customer service, legal issues, collections, lien sales, facility maintenance, rental agreements and more
- Construction, Development, Real Estate and Finance: Building components, green building, site selection, valuation, zoning, lending options and more
Five Networking Events
Attendees can mingle with and learn from industry experts as well as colleagues during the show’s diverse networking events:
- Self-Storage Q&A
- Roundtable Discussions
- Buyers & Sellers Meeting
- Security & Software Marketplace
- Evening Cocktail Reception
Four Add-On Intensive Workshops
Add-on intensive workshops will include popular favorites as well as exciting new offerings covering critical facets of the self-storage business:
- Marketing and Sales Boot Camp, presented by Tom Litton: This high-energy, fast-paced seminar focuses on powerful techniques that can be implemented at any facility quickly and inexpensively.
- Legal Learning Live, presented by Jeffrey Greenberger: In this concentrated five-hour session., you’ll learn about important legal issues every owner/operator should know including lien sales, facility rules and regulations, abandonment and more.
- Developers Seminar, presented by RK Kliebenstein: This half-day event is tailored to those interested in developing a new self-storage project or learning more about the industry, as well as small operators who want to grow their business. The seminar touches on all the most critical aspects of developing and building self-storage.
- Management Workshop, presented by Joe Niemczyk: Whether you’re new to the industry or looking to hone your management skills, this session is for you. Explore the ins and outs of daily facility operation and what you need to run a successful self-storage business.
The experts presenting as part of the ISS Expo education program hail from all sectors of the industry. Attendees will benefit from the knowledge and experience of business leaders such as Jim Chiswell, Brad North, Mel Holsinger, Charles Ray Wilson, Derek Naylor, Linnea Appleby, Neal Gussis, Terry Campbell, Bob Copper, Jim Stevens, Randy Tipton and many others.
More Than 70 Product/Service Exhibits
The ISS exhibit hall is absolutely the best place to meet industry vendors, ask questions, gather information and demo products. Whether shopping for software, buildings, management services or another product or service, attendees will establish confidence and contacts for immediate and future purchases. Exhibiting vendors represent all facets of the storage business, and many are unveiling new products or offering special show-only deals.
Whatever your particular self-storage business need, you can fulfill it at the ISS Expo in D.C. It’s not too late to register! For details, visit www.insideselfstorageworldexpo.com.