On Oct. 23, a group of 75 self-storage owners and developers met at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort in Orlando, Fla., for the Florida Self Storage Association’s first annual Executive Retreat. The event was intended to serve as a “think tank” for self-storage executives to share ideas and discuss industry strategy for the upcoming year. Guest speakers included:
- Dean Jernigan, Chief Executive Officer, U-Store-It Trust
- Jim Stevens, Senior Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, Extra Space Storage Inc.
- Christian Sonne, Managing Director, Self Storage Industry Group, Cushman & Wakefield
- Seena Sharp, Sharp Market Intelligence
- Daniel Pearlman, Medelia Inc.
The FSSA is a non-profit organization comprised of individuals who have an interest in the self-storage industry in Florida. Members include facility owners, operators, developers, investors, managers and suppliers.