According to a recent release by the Florida Self Storage Association, the organization has exceeded its goals and is ahead of schedule for achieving the initiatives set forth in January 2009. The FSSA has cited the following accomplishments:
- The association held a successful conference and expo in Orlando, Fla., in April. The event encompassed 10 seminars, 63 exhibits and a state-of-the-industry panel discussion. In addition, more than $3,500 was raised for Special Olympics Florida.
- Six free education sessions have been offered by the FSSA so far this year. The events have taken place in three cities and been attended by more than 100 members.
- The association is conducting a survey to update its member information. Margaret Steiner of StorSafe Self Storage received a five-day cruise for two as part of an automatic drawing related to the survey.
- A 28-page edition of FSSA publication InPrint Magazine was distributed to 3,500 self-storage owners, operators, managers and vendors in March.
- The FSSA officially affiliated with the national Self Storage Association on April 1.
The association’s plans for the remainder of the year include the unveiling of a new website, the offering of more free education sessions and the addition of new member services.
The FSSA is a non-profit organization comprised of individuals who have an interest in the self-storage industry in Florida. Members include facility owners, operators, developers, investors, managers and suppliers.