Update 9/3/14 – Speakers and education details have been announced for the Latin America Self Storage Trade Show and Education event in São Paulo. The show will include:
- A keynote speech by Rick Hielscher, a principal with The Lock Up Self Storage, which operates facilities throughout the United States. Involved with the expansion of Brazil-based operator GuardeAqui Self Storage, Hielscher will compare his U.S. facilities to self-storage operations in Brazil.
- A presentation by Alessandro Leal, business director for Google Brazil, who has 20 years of executive experience in sales, marketing, strategy and finance.
- A presentation by the Association of Brazilian Self-Storage Operators Board of Directors.
- Information about self-storage development in Latin America.
- An “Operators Forum,” in which local managers and owners can meet, ask questions and exchange solutions to common issues.
- Interactive one-on-one sessions with the show’s sponsoring vendors, available to existing facility operators.
Attendees will receive an early-bird discount if they register by Sept. 30.
July 25, 2014 - The second annual Latin America Self Storage Trade Show and Education event will be held Nov. 12-13 at the São Paulo State Housing Syndicate’s (Secovi-SP) convention center in São Paulo. Designed for self-storage investors, developers and operators, the event will feature seminars and an operational forum where attendees can “meet and exchange questions and solutions to common local issues,” show organizers said in a press release.
Presentations will focus on areas of special interest to Latin American operators and investors, and exhibiting vendors will represent all aspects of the business, including building materials, insurance, marketing and security, officials said.
“With the overwhelming turnout at last year’s show, we all knew that this would become an annual event,” said David Blum, president of Better Management Systems LLC, a U.S.-based consultant who has assisted self-storage developers in several countries and one of the event’s producers. “The structure and content of this year’s show has been designed to address Latin market issues specifically. We all look forward to a marked increase in participation.”
The Association of Brazilian Self-Storage Operators and Secovi-SP are also event producers. Established in 1946, Secovi-SP is considered the center of the Brazilian real estate industry and houses several key operating sectors of its production and service chain, according to the release.
Sponsors of the event include Janus International, JR & Marto Consulting and Insurance, PTI Security Systems, SMD Software Inc. (SiteLink) and Universal Storage Containers.
Show details can be found at www.ssabrazil.com.br.