A man was electrocuted at a Devon Self-Storage facility in Frankford, a prominent Philadelphia neighborhood, on Saturday afternoon. The 44-year-old man, an employee of the facility, was working on a door hinge near a power line around 2 p.m. According to police, he was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:24 p.m. His identity was not released.
Though branded with the name Devon Self Storage, the facility does not appear to be currently managed by that company, which owns and operates 25 self-storage facilities across 11 states. A Google search of the property address, 5400 Eadom St., Philadelphia, PA 19137, results in several “for sale” listings for the 161,000-square-foot property, which indicate that the site is vacant and may have been recently sold.