Dozens of Firefighters Battle Combustion Fire Behind N.Y. Self-Storage Facility

Comments
Print

A huge combustion fire at a self-storage facility in Cutchogue, N.Y., Monday took several hours and dozens of firefighters to put out the blaze.

The fire behind North Fork Self Storage began early in the morning by spontaneous combustion inside a 25-foot-high industrial mulch pile behind the self-storage facility. Firefighters arrived on the scene around 5 a.m. when most of the pile was engulfed in heavy flames and smoke.

Fire investigators believe the pressure inside the pile combined with heavy winds to start the blaze. The facility didn’t suffer any structural damage and there were no injuries. Cutchogue Materials and Recycling, another industrial business in the complex, owns the mulch pile.

Sources:

Comments
comments powered by Disqus