The California Self Storage Association (CSSA) will hold its annual conference and membership meeting Oct. 13-15 at the Westin San Diego hotel. The theme of this year’s event is “Self-Storage 2.0: Maximizing the Power of the Internet.”
Educational highlights of the conference include a special keynote presentation by Amber MacArthur, who will speak on “Demystifying Social Media for the Storage Professional.” Other presentations will include:
- “Been There, Done That,” an open discussion of hot topics including solar energy, cost segregation and self-storage kiosks, led by Charles Byerly of Westport Properties
- “Five Sure-Fire Keys to Create a Sales Culture, presented by Kenny Pratt, president of Crescendo Properties
- “Anything Legal,” including an open Q&A with self-storage legal expert Carlos Kaslow
- “A Discussion About Search Engine Optimization,” presented by Jason Lopez, partner and director of corporate development for Westport Properties Inc.
- Software Showcase, a demonstration of the self-storage industry’s top management software
The event will also include a networking cruise outside downtown San Diego, Oct. 14 at 6 p.m. Conference information can be found at the CSSA website, www.cssaweb.com.