Today’s market is extremely competitive for existing self-storage operators, especially those with modern facilities opening in their neighborhoods. On June 8, Inside Self-Storage and Janus International will present a free, live webinar titled, “Renovating Your Self-Storage Facility: Measuring the True Impact on Occupancy, Revenue and Budget,” a guide to improving curb appeal and business operation to attract and satisfy more renters. Created for self-storage managers and owners, the online seminar will cover:
- Why your competitor down the street may be attracting more renters than you
- The true cost of lowering rental rates to gain renters
- How you can increase your curb appeal without increasing your budget
- Step-by-step measures to safely replace older doors, even while units are occupied
- How reworking your unit mix can pay for itself in increased rentals of new sizes
- How upgrading your appearance can upgrade your profit
- How renovating your facility can lessen workers’-compensation claims and injuries
- A lender’s and appraiser’s perspective on the value of renovation
The one-hour event will be presented by Jim Ponti, central-region sales manager for Janus International, and Chip Cordes, co-founder of Summit Construction Management Group.It will take place at 2 p.m. ET. To register for the webinar, visit www.insideselfstorage.com/webinars.
Janus is a manufacturer of commercial and industrial doors and building components for self-storage and other industries. Summit is a Clearwater, Fla.-based firm offering self-storage construction, management and consulting services to industry owners and investors.
ISS is a dynamic-services company that provides resources and services to the self-storage industry including a monthly magazine, bi-annual tradeshows, an information-packed website and educational seminars and materials. ISS is also the owner of the Self-Storage Training Institute (www.selfstorageeducation.com), an online education portal for managers and owners, and Self-Storage Talk (www.selfstoragetalk.com), the industry’s largest online community.