The StorageMart facility at 85 Westney Road in Ajax, Ontario, Canada, has donated self-storage space to the Durham Children’s Aid Foundation, which raises funds and collects donations to help children and youth who have suffered abuse and neglect. A registered charity since June 2004, the Foundation raises funds and accepts donations throughout the year. StorageMart now provides free space for the temporary storage of donated items.
The Foundation provides:
- Post-secondary education bursaries
- Recreation, enrichment and skill-development programs such as organized sports, music lessons, after-school activities and school trips
- Summer-camp subsidies
- Therapy and counseling groups for children and families, to reduce the risk of abuse and neglect
- Assistance for youth living on their own
- Prevention and early-intervention programs to help prevent abuse
StorageMart also donates space to other charities in the communities it serves. A privately owned real estate operation, the company owns and operates more than 125 self-storage properties in Canada and the United States, including more than 30 in Ontario.