- Site selection: Where to build and why
- Feasibility: Conducting a study and understanding the results
- Land Use and Building Coverage: Getting the most out of a site
- Owner/Builder vs. General Contracting: Understanding the difference
- Financing: Getting the money necessary to begin
- Building Basics: Unit types, styles, components and features
- Condominium Trend: Deciding whether to rent or sell the units
- Marketing: Promoting the facility to the target customer base
"According to the Recreational Vehicle Industry Association, 390,500 RVs were shipped in 2006, the best annual total in the past 25 years,” said Wright. “And Dr. Richard Curtin, director of consumer surveys at the University of Michigan, projects that the number of RV-owning households will rise to 8.5 million by 2010. The overall demand for boat and RV storage is at the highest level I've seen in my 20-year career in this industry. We want to help developers and owners determine whether a property may be suited for this type of development."
The cost of the seminar is $695, with an early-bird rate of $595, good until July 15, 2008. The fee includes a workbook, continental breakfast and lunch.
"Working with Caesar to help developers figure out the challenges of vehicle storage is like getting in on self-storage in 1970,” said Kliebenstein. “The market is wide open, and the opportunity is getting more challenging every day. I hope anyone who has ever even thought of vehicle storage will invest their time and resources to make sure they get it right."
“Developing Boat & RV Storage” is sponsored by Inside Self-Storage, which provides a monthly trade magazine, bi-annual conferences, and a host of online educational products and services for the self-storage industry.
Mako Steel designs, supplies and installs steel buildings for the self-storage industry. C2C is a self-storage consultancy firm specializing in feasibility studies, site selection, financing, and management and marketing services.
For seminar details and to register, call 800.454.5760; e-mail Debbie Pirkey at firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.developingboatrvstorage.com.