Public Storage Considers Sale of Shurgard Europe
Posted in News, Public Storage Inc., Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), Selling Self-Storage, Real Estate
Public Storage, the nation’s largest self-storage operator, has reached a preliminary agreement to sell a 51 percent stake in its Shurgard Europe division in a private transaction. The company did not disclose the buyer or sale price, though it did say the price is consistent with the previously disclosed proceeds it expected to receive from a canceled European share offering last year. Public Storage also indicated the sale is not certain, as there is no binding agreement with the buyer. If an agreement is reached, the company expects to complete the deal by the end of the first quarter. For more information, visit www.publicstorage.com.
- Planning Board Considers Self-Storage Development in Westford, Mass.
- Zoning Commission in Torrington, Conn., Considers Self-Storage Conversion
- Proactive Steps Self-Storage Owners Can Take to Prepare Their Facility for Sale
- Self-Storage Operator Security Public Storage Sponsors Charity Storage
- Positioning Your Self-Storage Facility for Future Profit: Planning Today for Tomorrow's Sale
- Self-Storage Design Study: Inventive Use of Space, by Janus International
- Topps Demonstrates Benefits of Applying Protective-Coating System to Self-Storage Facility Roofs
- U.K.’s Access Self Storage Compiles List of Strangest Stored Items
- Self-Storage REITs to Participate in REITWeek 2013 Investor Forum
- Residents Oppose Proposed Self-Storage Facility Near Cedar Park, Texas