Public Storage Considers Sale of Shurgard Europe
Posted in News, Public Storage Inc., Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), Selling Self-Storage, Real Estate
Public Storage, the nation’s largest self-storage operator, has reached a preliminary agreement to sell a 51 percent stake in its Shurgard Europe division in a private transaction. The company did not disclose the buyer or sale price, though it did say the price is consistent with the previously disclosed proceeds it expected to receive from a canceled European share offering last year. Public Storage also indicated the sale is not certain, as there is no binding agreement with the buyer. If an agreement is reached, the company expects to complete the deal by the end of the first quarter. For more information, visit www.publicstorage.com.
- USSelfStorageLocator.com Donates to Girl Scout Military Cookie Program in FL
- SelfStorage.com Launches 2013 Economic Outlook Survey
- SelfStorage.com Offers One Year of Storage in ‘Great Storage Giveaway’
- SelfStorage.com Releases 2013 Economic Outlook Survey Results
- Shurgard Self-Storage Proposes 3-Story Facility for Waltham Forest, England
- 3 Austin, TX, Self-Storage Facilities Change Hands
- Self-Storage Talk Online Community Launches Summer Recipe Contest
- Self-Storage and the Need for Quick-Build Space: BOS Container USA Shows the Way
- A-1 Self Storage Opens New Facility on Historical Site in San Juan Capistrano
- Are Apartment-Complex Storage Units a Growing Threat to Self-Storage Businesses?