Public Storage Inc. will replace Delta Air Lines Inc. on the Standard & Poor's 500 Index after the close of trading on Aug. 18, becoming the ninth real estate investment trust to join the index. While Delta has lost more than 80 percent of its stock-market value this year, shares of Glendale, Calif.-based Public Storage have surged, and the company has climbed 13 percent in 2005. Delta, which has lost money for four straight years, said it will sell its Atlantic Southeast Airlines commuter unit to SkyWest Inc. for $425 million in cash.
- ISS News Desk: Self-Storage Tops Bloomberg List of Best Alternative Investments
- Self-Storage REITs Top Bloomberg List of Best Alternative Investments
- Self-Storage REITs Release Financial Results for Second-Quarter 2014
- Will the Self-Storage Market Slow or Flatten in 2014? A Real Estate Expert Examines the Signs
- Q 5000 Properties LLC Buys Safeway Mini Storage in Riverview, MI
- Stop N Stor Opens New Self-Storage Facility in Port Wentworth, GA
- Misinformation About Self-Storage From Valet-Storage Company Makes Me Mad!
- Miami City Self Storage LLC Buys 6 Development Sites in Miami-Dade County, FL
- Get Space to Launch in Portland, OR, With 5 Self-Storage Facilities in 2015
- Next Door Self Storage Conversion Project Faces Opposition in North Aurora, IL