Public Storage Inc. will replace Delta Air Lines Inc. on the Standard & Poor's 500 Index after the close of trading on Aug. 18, becoming the ninth real estate investment trust to join the index. While Delta has lost more than 80 percent of its stock-market value this year, shares of Glendale, Calif.-based Public Storage have surged, and the company has climbed 13 percent in 2005. Delta, which has lost money for four straight years, said it will sell its Atlantic Southeast Airlines commuter unit to SkyWest Inc. for $425 million in cash.
- Will the Self-Storage Market Slow or Flatten in 2014? A Real Estate Expert Examines the Signs
- Cushman & Wakefield Releases ‘State of the Market’ Self-Storage Webinar
- NAREIT Appoints Public Storage CEO as Chair, Releases Market Update Featuring Self-Storage Sector
- Kennards Self Storage of Australia Assists Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital in Ethiopia
- NASCAR Driver Trevor Bayne to Greet Fans at Uncle Bob’s Self Storage Facility
- Your Self-Storage Business is Talking … Are You Listening?
- Self-Storage Directory Storage.com Launches College-Scholarship Contest
- Self-Storage Facility Proposed for Vacant Retail Building in South Bend, IN
- Virtus Real Estate Capital Acquires 2 Arkansas Self-Storage Facilities
- Self-Storage Development Approved for Business Park in Vallejo, CA