2013 Self-Storage Software Showcase: 10 Industry Suppliers Share Product Features and Benefits
A self-storage facility’s management-software program is kind of like its central nervous system. It takes all the information it receives, interprets it, and then coordinates it with other facets of the business. Not only does industry-specific software facilitate rentals and payments, it might connect with a facility's security components, online programs or kiosks, and can generate reports containing in-depth operational data.
Programs are constantly evolving and expanding, and new offerings regularly enter the market. So how do you know which program to choose, and if the product you chose last year or several years ago is still the right one for your operation? Because the software is integral to the health of your self-storage business, you want it to be easy to navigate, upgrade and troubleshoot.
To help self-storage operators get the lay of the land, Inside Self-Storage asked 10 of the industry's most reputable software suppliers to summarize important details about their products. We asked them to identify their storage-specific programs and provide a brief description of each. We then had them answer the following questions:
- What is the single best feature of your top-selling software program and why?
- What type of software training does your company provide?
- How often do you distribute upgrades, and are they free or fee-based?
- Is there a particularly interesting feature that you’ll be adding to your software in 2013?
- What technical support do you offer? Is it free or is there a charge?
The following companies appear in alphabetical order. See below each image for company and product details.