Photo Gallery: Inside Self-Storage World Expo, Las Vegas, March 14-16, 2012
An International Perspective on the Self-Storage Market
As a business, self-storage is expanding across the globe, though its evolution is unique in each market. During the Inside Self-Storage World Expo in Las Vegas, March 14-16, 2012, representatives from several international self-storage companies assembled for the International Summit, during which they discussed challenges and strategies in building and operating self-storage in their respective regions, observing parallels and differences between markets. Covered topics included development obstacles, public education and acceptance, marketing tactics, legal issues and much more.
This session was moderated by RK Kliebenstein (standing), vice president of new development for Metro Self Storage. Our panelists (from left to right):
- Dallas Dogger, Managing Director, Centreforce IT Pty. Ltd. (Australia)
- Claudia Felgueres, Owner, Practibodegas (Mexico)
- Marilyn Leslie, President, MiniCo Asia Ltd. (Hong Kong)
- Robert Madsen, President, U-Lock Mini Storage Group (Canada)
- Cristian Batres, International Sales Representative, Storage Structures Inc.
- Arie Rezepka N., Director, Aki KB Minibodegas (Chile)
- Graham Lomax, European Director of Sales, Gliderol Self Storage Solutions (United Kingdom)
- Steve Spohn, Representative Director and President, Piedmont Ltd., Quraz (Japan)