This site is part of the Global Exhibitions Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.


Tips and Tricks for Making Your Self-Storage Website Modern, Trendy and Profitable

Continued from page 2

Another perk to using live-chat support is the digital paper trail it leaves. You can pick star performers from your support staff, review customer conversations and so much more. A word of caution: Choose your chat representatives carefully. It’s vital to invest in quality personnel who will represent your company in an ever-positive, professional light.

If They Can’t Read It, They Won’t Buy It

There’s nothing to stop users from leaving immediately, whether it’s poorly written content or hard-to-read fonts. While it may seem fancy and unique to use a snazzy font, be sure your users can read your content without straining. Otherwise they’ll click that little “X” in the upper right corner and move on. You may be nodding your head, “Yeah, yeah,” but really, use the best fonts available that encourage reading.

Add Whitespace

Get rid of clutter on your website and unnecessary images and content. Whitespace is one of the hottest trends in Web design today. The more whitespace you include, the more you can focus visitor’s attention on specific sections of your website. People also want to read as little as possible. They want everything fast and easy. Keep this in mind when building lengthy content and use as much brevity as possible.

Include Short-Page Depth

Customers want to get to the checkout page quickly once they’ve made their decision. They don’t want to navigate to six different pages and accept two different terms and conditions before they reserve their unit. Make the transaction process convenient and speedy with limited page loads.

Tip: Javascript can be used to enhance user friendliness by providing “seamless” contact and order forms that don’t require the user to navigate to a new page to submit information. Another tip: Guest checkout is a must for e-commerce websites.

Keep Color Minimal

As a general rule of thumb with modern websites, white colors (or shades) should account for 75 percent of your website, give or take. The other 25 percent should be used to highlight areas or draw the readers’ attention to a certain section. Don’t get carried away with color palettes. Keep it simple. A large, green button on a white background is much more enticing than a green button on a multicolored sidebar with other colored buttons above and below it. You get the idea.

Don’t Forget Mobile

Your website must be compatible with all devices. Don’t be caught behind the pack in a few years when you essentially have to have a mobile website. Act now. This includes tablets and mobile devices of all screen sizes. Ensure that whatever theme the Web designer has chosen is “responsive” and “mobile-friendly.” With users gravitating toward their phones more and more, this will be essential in creating longevity for your website.

comments powered by Disqus