SpareFoot, an online marketplace for the self-storage industry, has released its Storage Trends Quarterly report for the first quarter of 2014, focusing on construction spending, development, rental rates and more. Posted on the company blog, the report also includes marketing and demographic data compiled from SpareFoot's 7,000 member self-storage facilities. Report highlights include:
- Figures on self-storage construction spending
- Storage development projects scheduled for 2014
- Average monthly pricing in 2013
- Seasonal operating-performance figures for the self-storage real estate investment trusts
- Unit-pricing trends, including a forecast for 2015
- Top 15 baby boomer boom towns
- Best performing marketing channels
- Markets with the largest and smallest rent increases in 2014
- Month-by-month breakdown of why storage customers are moving
The report can be viewed in an interactive format on The SpareFoot Blog. It may also be downloaded as a PDF document.
Founded in 2008, SpareFoot.com helps consumers find and reserve self-storage units, with comparison shopping tools that show real-time availability and exclusive deals. With a network of more than 7,000 storage facilities ranging from mom-and-pop operations to REITs, the company reaches prospective storage renters though partnerships with brands including SelfStorage.com, Apartments.com and Penske Truck Rental.
- The SpareFoot Blog: Storage Trends Quarterly