Sean Barron was named 2008 Manager of the Year at the recent Investment Real Estate Management (IREM) annual sales rally. Barron manages Sadsbury Self Storage in Sadsburyville, Pa., where he has been employed for more than two years. Last year, he grew revenue at the property by 69 percent and occupancy by 20 percent. The 60,450-square-foot facility has 441 units and offers Penske truck rentals.
Barron came to IREM from the food-services industry with an extensive business-management background. With his computer knowledge, he quickly learned the self-storage management software system and became a trainer for new managers. He has assisted in multiple consulting projects.
Other awards announced at the rally were:
- Tenant-Insurance Sales: Andy Bradford, Acorn Self Storage, Fishkill, N.Y.
- Accounting Excellence: Barbara Doty, CaGe Self Storage, Dillsburg, Pa.
- Best Lease-Up: Jill Tipton, Moove In Self Storage at 741, Lancaster, Pa.
- Most Improved Property: Renae Shuey, Leesport Self Storage, Leesport, Pa.
- Marketing Award: Tim Garrett, Moove In Self Storage at Centerville, Lancaster, Pa.
- Accounting Award: Vic Smith, Sierra’s Glen Self Storage, Harrisburg, Pa.
Headquartered in York, Pa., IREM provides third-party self-storage management to more than 40 facilities in six states.