On Aug. 15, more than 30 professionals gathered in San Diego to attend a full-day seminar titled ““Developing Boat & RV Storage: Cruising Into the New Market,” presented by Caesar Wright, president of Mako Steel Inc., and RK Kliebenstien, president of Coast-To-Coast Storage (C2C). In response to positive attendee feedback and requests from those who could not participate, a second event has been scheduled for Oct. 10, 2008, at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tenn.
Designed for real estate developers who are seeking new business prospects and self-storage owners looking to expand their operations, the seminar covers all the critical aspects of developing a boat and RV storage facility:
- Site selection: Where to build and why
- Feasibility: Conducting a study and understanding the results
- Land Use and Building Coverage: Getting the most out of a site
- Owner/Builder vs. General Contracting: Understanding the difference
- Financing: Getting the money necessary to begin
- Building Basics: Unit types, styles, components and features
- Condominium Trend: Deciding whether to rent or sell the units
- Marketing: Promoting the facility to the target customer base
The cost of the seminar is $795, with a pre-registration rate of $695, good until Oct. 4, 2008. The fee includes a workbook, continental breakfast and lunch.
“Developing Boat & RV Storage,” sponsored by Inside Self-Storage (ISS), will take place as part the ISS Nashville Expo, a four-day event providing educational seminars, exhibits and networking opportunities for self-storage managers, owners, operators, investors and developers. ISS provides a monthly trade magazine, bi-annual conferences, and a host of online educational products and services for the self-storage industry.
Mako Steel designs, supplies and installs steel buildings for the self-storage industry. C2C is a self-storage consultancy firm specializing in feasibility studies, site selection, financing, and management and marketing services.