April 16, 2021

1 Min Read
Arson Suspected in Fire at Monster Self Storage in Evans, GA

Investigators believe a fire that started inside a tenant’s unit at Monster Self Storage in Evans, Ga., on Monday morning was set deliberately. First responders found clues that pointed to arson as the cause, according to the source.

When the person renting the unit at 4492 Washington Road opened his space, it was filled with heavy, black smoke. He called emergency responders, who extinguished the fire. During their investigation, they noticed the rear door of the unit had been pried open. They also discovered locks had been cut from the doors on seven other units.

The facility owner told authorities it looked as though the source of fire had been been moved from the corner of the unit to the center, the source reported. Among the destroyed items was the facility’s security video. No arrests have been made.

Monster Self Storage operates two facilities in Augusta and Evans, Ga., and two in Aiken and Graniteville, S.C. They offer 24-hour access, temperature-controlled units and vehicle storage.

WRDW, Arson Suspected in Fire This Week at Evans Storage Unit

Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter
ISS is the most comprehensive source for self-storage news, feature stories, videos and more.

You May Also Like