Every good business story can be broken into chapters. There's an intro, which outlines the business' early years. There are chapters in which conflict creates stumbling blocks the operator must overcome. Perhaps there are chapters chronicling new partners, huge victories or a poignant moment or two. There's no doubt your business story will have many twists and turns, ups and downs.
After recent years of financial struggle, it's time to write your next chapter, one that includes growth and the knowledge to facilitate it. The Inside Self-Storage World Expo in Las Vegas is an important part of the process. The biggest show of the year, March 14-16, combines education, networking and exhibits as well as a special showcase of industry technologyall fodder for industry success.
Now more than ever, today's self-storage operators must be tech-savvy marketing gurus and expert salespeople. The ISS Expo collaborates with the brightest minds in the business to create the best learning resources the industry has to offer. The Las Vegas show offers an all-inclusive education program addressing critical industry topics:
- Management: Customer service, sales skills, facility maintenance, collections, staff training, cost-cutting, ancillary services, rate management, sustainability and more
- Marketing: websites, online advertising, SEO, e-mail marketing, direct mail, Yellow Pages, social networking and more
- Construction and development: Trends and techniques, project feasibility, site selection, zoning, real estate trends, green building and more
- Finance: Interest rates, capital markets, loan processes and more
- Technology: Software, security equipment, call centers, kiosks, online directories and more
- Legal issues: Lien sales, rental agreements, value limits, bankruptcy, abandonment, risk-management and more
In addition to the core seminar program, the show includes intensive workshops in the specialized areas of legal issues, development, management and marketing. Roundtable discussions and the Self-Storage Q&A flesh out the education experience, providing you with individualized attention and the opportunity to get your questions answered. Attendees will also have access to dozens of industry suppliers who are well-versed in the business and hold a tremendous amount of valuable knowledge. The exhibit hall provides the perfect venue for testing, experiencing and exploring the industrys products and services.
With the twinkling lights of Las Vegas as the backdrop, the Paris Las Vegas Hotel & Casino pays homage to the French "City of Light." A replica of the Eiffel Tower just outside the hotel draws tens of thousands of visitors each year. The lavish accommodations keep them coming back. Highlights of the hotel include:
- Nearly 3,000 opulent guest rooms and suites featuring custom European furniture and extravagant marble baths.
- Entertainment including singer/songwriter Barry Manilow, live entertainment at Le Cabaret, and an Eiffel Tower ride in addition to the casino.
- Seven distinctive bars and lounges including the nightclub Risqué and Napoleons Champagne Bar.
- A 26,000-square-foot spa with Balinese-inspired décor, a complete menu of treatments, a whirlpool, sauna, steam room and fitness center.
- A 2-acre rooftop pool with poolside attendants and views of manicured French gardens.
Writing your business' next chapter will probably not be easy. There may be more challenges on the horizon, but there could also be many successes around the corner. The ISS Expo is the best place for self-storage operators to get the knowledge they need to make informed decisions and keep their companies strong and solvent. Its about gathering ideas, making connections and finding the most cost-effective products and services for your business.
The Las Vegas expo delivers an extensive, hard-hitting program encompassing education, community, exhibits and more. For details about attending, exhibiting and registration, visit www.insideselfstorageworldexpo.com.