Tenant insurance can help self-storage operators reduce their liability, generate additional revenue and maintain a better customer-service model. To implement and maintain a successful program, operators must know how to choose the right insurance model and partner and educate tenants about the product's value.
To provide insight regarding insurance options, Inside Self-Storage has released a free digital issue, "Protection, Profit and Policies: Implementing a Successful Tenant-Insurance Program." The publication addresses:
- The importance and benefits of educating customers about the need for insurance coverage
- How a tenant-insurance program can generate facility revenue, including a sample revenue model
- The two primary tenant-insurance models and tips for choosing between them
- Insight to choosing an insurance partner
- Ways to incent staff to maximize program participation
- The case-study results of one facility operator's tenant-insurance efforts
The publication is available for free download at www.insideselfstorage.com/digital-issues.
For more than 20 years, ISS has provided informational resources for the self-storage industry. Its educational offerings include a monthly magazine, annual conferences and tradeshows, an extensive website, an education institute, an online store, and Self-Storage Talk, the industrys largest online community.