The Self Storage Association of Michigan (SSAM) has named its leadership team for the 2023-24 term, including officers and board members. This year’s appointees are:
- Chairman/president: Peter Spickenagel, CEO, Citizen Storage Management
- Vice president: Chad Lundberg, managing partner, The Storage Group
- Treasurer/secretary: Adam Pogoda, president, Pogoda Cos., as treasurer/secretary
- Board member: Theresa Gallas, director of corporate business development, Janus International Group
- Board member: Rebecca Ward, regional manager and director of development, Secure Storage
- Board member: Jonathan Gilmore, owner/operator, U-Haul of Northern Michigan
- Board member: Jessica Johnson, vice president, Storage Business Owners Alliance
Spickenagel previously served in the same role for the 2020-21 term, according to a press release. Over the course of his career, he’s managed operations for more than 95 self-storage facilities comprising 5.3 million rentable square feet in 40,000-plus units. Spickenagel is also a frequent speaker at industry conferences, with expertise in marketing, operations, revenue management and technology.
“The SSAM Board has ambitious goals for the next year, including increasing the quality of educational events and resources available to our members as well as boosting member participation,” Spickenagel said. “We believe the board’s approach will help foster more efficient internal operations for each member and overall industry growth in Michigan.”
SSAM was founded in 2007 by 25 self-storage owners and operators. Through legislation, education and marketing, the association works to improve operations for its members and encourage growth, the release stated.