The 2019 Inside Self-Storage World Expo may be at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, its new Las Vegas venue, April 1-4; but the platform for facility owners to learn cutting-edge strategies and improve their business acumen is no illusion. Whether you’re a new owner sailing the seas of self-storage for the first time or a weathered captain looking to expand your horizons, the industry’s largest conference and tradeshow will help you chart a course for success.
Charting a Course
By design, the event is geared to help those taking in views from the deck as well as those who wish to dive into deep water. Standard education sessions will be held on April 2 and 3, while immersive workshops are available on April 1 and 4. To take advantage of the full excursion, the All-Access Pass gets you into 42 seminars and eight workshops, in addition to several networking events and two days of product and service exhibits.
Of course, it’s impossible to be everywhere at once, so we highly recommended you bring as many crew members as possible to maximize the experience. The six education tracks are organized by theme—Building, Investing, Management, Marketing, Ownership and Technology—to help you determine where staff should be based on their skillsets and your business needs.
The sessions tailored for owners are focused on improving operation, maximizing revenue and protecting your investment. These include but are not limited to:
- Spending Money to Make Money: Reinvesting in Your Self-Storage Business
- From Data to Dollars: Revenue-Management Techniques for Self-Storage
- What’s Your M.O.? Writing Your Self-Storage Company Handbook
- What to Do When the Nightmare Comes True: Disaster Management in Self-Storage
- Empowering Your People: Creating a Gratifying Self-Storage Work Environment
- Performing Self-Storage Site Visits: How to Make Them Productive, Not Disruptive
- Get Pumped! Enhancing Self-Storage Facility Value Before You Sell
- A Self-Storage Automation Case Study: Costs, Implementation, Challenges and More
- Will Your Next Self-Storage Manager Be a Robot? An Overview of Industry Technology
- Smart-Connected Self-Storage Facilities: Business in the IoT Age
At four hours each, the expo workshops allow you to dive below the surface to the depths of legal risks and responsibility, operational excellence, and staffing concerns. Consider these offerings:
- Advanced Legal Workshop: It’s next to impossible to sail to your ultimate sandy-shore destination without understanding the rules of engagement. This workshop will help you navigate laws that impact self-storage to lessen liability risk and smooth the waters toward success.
- Ownership Excellence Workshop: From asset value to site auditing to portfolio expansion, this workshop will show you how to build a business that excels at customer service and generates maximum income. Justify your captain’s stripes by attending this informative session.
- Staffing Success Workshop: If your goal is to lay back on the beach sipping Mai Tais without a care in the world, you’d better have the right employees in the right positions. This workshop will walk you through the best practices of hiring, training and retaining talent to help you reach your business goals.
The best way to get your industry sea legs is to interact with those in the know. Take advantage of the show’s opportunities to learn about new products and services, discuss trending issues, and hobnob with other owners and colleagues—all in a fun, inviting atmosphere. You don’ t want to miss:
- The Expo Hall: The largest assembly of product and service providers in the industry has been expanded to not only bring a record number of vendors onto the floor but enhance your show experience. New twists include live product demonstrations and a dedicated Association Row. Exhibit hours have been expanded to nine total hours this year!
- Table Talks: Formerly known as Roundtable Discussions, these are a platform for engaging in informal conversations on a wide range of industry topics. Each talk will begin with a one- to three-minute presentation by the table host, followed by up to nine minutes of open dialogue and Q&A. Rotations occur every 10 minutes.
- Cocktail Reception: What better way to celebrate the industry and personal successes than clinking glasses with peers in a relaxed atmosphere? By popular demand, our cocktail reception is again a standalone event. Come enjoy an evening of music, cocktails and hors d'oeuvres while mingling with colleagues and new friends!
You need wind and momentum to sail into the sunset. Hoist your mast and point your bow toward a sea of success by attending the 2019 ISS World Expo. Learn more about the show’s owner-focused offerings at issworldexpo.com.