Technology innovation has advanced in the self-storage industry at an astounding pace, and the urgency to adopt new tools has only increased since the onset of the pandemic. With so many possibilities, it’s difficult to know which are likely to have the most positive impact on your business; but those in the know point to fresh options such as artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, mobile apps and others.
If you want your self-storage business to remain competitive and relevant, you must join the tech revolution! Need help? Watch the video “Join the Jetset: Smart Technologies for Innovative Self-Storage Operation,” available exclusively in the ISS Store. Jon Loftin, vice president and IoE (Internet of Everything) product owner at OpenTech Alliance Inc., shares insight to help you choose tools, save money, increase security and enhance the customer experience. You’ll learn:
- An overview of Alexa voice commands to enhance your operation
- Ways to enhance your existing CCTV cameras with artificial intelligence
- How to use smart sensors to gain insight and actionable data on when customers and prospects visit the office
- How to leverage hands-free tenant mobile apps to upgrade the tenant-access experience
- How to manage your HVAC with remote thermostat control