Inside Self-Storage (ISS) recently released its 2016 Boat/RV Digital Issue, which includes in-depth articles about building and operating a vehicle-storage business. Available for free download, the PDF publication addresses a wide range of issues relevant to business owners who already offer boat and RV storage or wish to add it to an existing self-storage facility. Topics include:
- Considerations before adding boat/RV storage
- Guidance on storage types, construction costs, design and more
- Legal issues surrounding vehicle storage
- Low-cost marketing ideas
- Specialized insurance coverages and risk management
- A case study about how an older property upgraded its security measures
The issue can be downloaded from the ISS Resource Center. Other digital issues may be downloaded through the same page.
For more than 25 years, ISS has provided informational resources for the self-storage industry. Its educational offerings include ISS magazine, the annual ISS World Expo, an extensive website, the ISS Store, and Self-Storage Talk, the industry’s largest online community.