Inside Self-Storage (ISS) recently released its 2015 Boat/RV Digital Issue, which includes in-depth articles about building and operating a vehicle-storage business. Available for free download, the PDF publication addresses a wide range of issues relevant to business owners who already offer boat and RV storage or wish to add it to an existing self-storage facility. Topics include:
- Site selection
- Storage structure types and building design
- Amenities and services to attract and satisfy boat/RV customers
- Legal issues surrounding vehicle storage
- Multi-channel marketing strategies
- Retail items specifically for boat/RV customers
- Specialized insurance coverages and risk management
The issue can be downloaded from the ISS Resource Center. Other digital issues may be downloaded through the same page.
For nearly 25 years, ISS has provided informational resources to self-storage owners, managers, developers and investors. Its educational offerings include a monthly magazine, annual conferences and tradeshows, an extensive website, the ISS Store, and Self-Storage Talk, the industry’s largest online community.