There. In the distance, shimmering like a dream. Can it be? A taste of Polynesian paradise right in the middle of all the Las Vegas hubbub? Yes! It’s The Mirage Hotel & Casino, and the Inside Self-Storage World Expo is delighted to call this wondrous venue its new home.
After many years of being hosted at The Paris, the industry’s largest convention and tradeshow is going tropical in 2019, setting up shop at the well-known Mirage luxury casino and conference center. This gorgeous locale will enable our growing event to enjoy more space for education, exhibits and networking. It also comes with many attendee amenities and perks. Join us April 1-4 and partake in the many pleasures this island-themed retreat has to offer. Whether you’re looking for excitement or serenity, you’ll find it at this exceptional oasis.
Awash in Beauty
While the ocean may be miles away, The Mirage lets us soak up some seaside ambiance. The hotel offers all the conveniences you’d expect from a Las Vegas destination wrapped up in a tranquil atmosphere. You’ll be greeted at the entrance by cascading waterfalls and fountains that pool around the front of the property. The scene is topped off by the hotel’s iconic volcano replica, which erupts nightly.
Once you’re inside, the lobby makes an impressive splash with a 20,000-gallon saltwater aquarium showcasing nearly 1,000 marine animals, including eels, puffer fish, sharks and stingrays. The atrium contains an indoor rainforest, complete with sky-high palm trees, under a 100-foot glass dome. Meander along the verdant-lined paths for spectacular views of yet another magnificent waterfall, tranquil lagoons and exotic plants, including more than 300 orchids and 1,000 bromeliads.
The hotel’s 3,000-plus rooms come in a variety of sizes and price points. The modern décor combines luxury and comfort to create a relaxing haven. Guests enjoy amenities such as 42-inch flat-screen TVs, in-room Wi-Fi, mini bars and complimentary toiletries.
A Wave of Entertainment
The Mirage isn’t just ripe with visual inspiration, it’s also rich with entertainment! The venue hosts dozens of high-demand acts including Boyz II Men, Cher, Matt Goss, Postmodern Jukebox and lots of others. Here’s a sample of the many activities and shows you can enjoy during your stay:
- The Aces of Comedy: Bringing in the biggest names in the business, this award-winning series provides an ongoing menu of laughs. Participants include Gabriel Igelsias, Anthony Jeselnik, Bill Maher, Ray Romano, David Spade, Daniel Tosh, Ron White and others.
- The Beatles LOVE: Cirque du Soleil reimagines the Fab Four’s music with a circus-inspired stage performance.
- The Volcano: Just outside the main entrance, facing Vegas Boulevard, this display erupts daily at 8, 9 and 10 p.m. It’s accompanied by a soundtrack from The Grateful Dead’s Mickey Hart and Indian tabla sensation Zakir Hussain.
- Terry Fator’s The VOICE of Entertainment: The renowned ventriloquist and “America’s Got Talent” winner combines celebrity impressions, comedy, singing and a cast of characters into one hilarious act.
- Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat: Enjoy up-close views of a variety of animals including dolphins, white tigers, lions, leopards, and more.
- Casino: From POP! Slots and mobile sports wagering to popular staples including poker and table games, The Mirage has all your favorites.
- Pools: Two saltwater pools, one heated year-round, and two spas are surrounded by lovely waterfalls. There’s even the secluded Bare Pool Lounge for adults only.
- Extras: These include The Spa and Salon, a barber shop, a fitness center, golf, cabanas, and plenty of places to shop.
Tastes Like Heaven
The Mirage doesn’t just offer a feast for the eyes; your taste buds will be ecstatic, too! From upscale dining to quick bites, the hotel offers more than a dozen restaurants.
If you’re looking for a juicy filet mignon or fresh seafood, make a reservation at Chef Tom Colicchio’s Heritage Steak. The open kitchen will tantalize your senses with the sight and smell of food being cooked over open charcoal grills.
If Italian cuisine is more to your liking, stop into Osteria Costa to enjoy handmade pasta, wood-fired pizza and fresh seafood. The bright colors and décor will transport you to the Amalfi Coast while you sip on fresh limoncello.
The Mirage also has several places for those on the go. Grab a craft beer and burger at The Still, which features 27 flat-screen TVs, or stop into Pantry just off the casino floor and enjoy homemade soups and salads, sandwiches, and a variety of desserts. The eatery is open 24 hours.
A bevy of bars and nightclubs provide ample opportunity to enjoy a signature drink, a glass of wine or a cold brew. In addition to lounges in several restaurants, there’s Rhumbar, with its Caribbean-style patio, fabulous views of the Las Vegas Strip, dozens of top-shelf rums and a live DJ. Or drink up handcrafted cocktails created by mixologist Liz Pearce at Center Bar. Those seeking a club atmosphere will find it at 1 Oak, which mimics the New York nightlife with live music acts and avant-garde artwork and design.
Considered one of Las Vegas’ first “mega resorts,” The Mirage offers bountiful entertainment served up with a healthy dose of relaxation. With its tranquil waters, verdant gardens and serene vibes, you might even forget—for a moment—that you’re attending a self-storage conference! Visit issworldexpo.com for event details. Exclusive discounted room rates are available for guests of the ISS World Expo.