A man was seriously injured on Saturday when his car caught fire inside a unit at Red Dot Storage in Pewaukee, Wisconsin. He was working on the vehicle at the time. The blaze also caused extensive damage to the self-storage facility at N14 W24789 Bluemound Road, according to a source.
The 35-year-old man suffered serious burns on his upper body. He was taken to a local hospital, the source reported.
Sixteen crews responded to the fire, which began just before 6 p.m. Bluemound Road was closed while they battled the conflagration and cleaned up the debris. A message on the facility’s website indicates that the property will remain closed until further notice.
Based in Louisville, Colorado, Red Dot was launched in 2013 by Sparkplug Capital LLC. It owns or manages more than 190 self-storage facilities across 19 states. Its portfolio comprises more than 7.6 million rentable square feet.
The Freeman, 1 Injured in Storage Complex Fire in Pewaukee
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, A Pewaukee Storage Facility Fire Seriously Injured a Man and Caused Heavy Building Damage