StorageMart, an owner and operator of self-storage facilities in the United States and Canada, has acquired the 17-facility Safety Mini Storage portfolio in Kansas and Missouri. The company is now the largest privately owned provider of self-storage in the Kansas City areas of both states, according to a press release. The acquisition adds 1.5 million net rentable square feet of storage space and more than 1,000 units to the StorageMart portfolio. The facilities are:
- 1044 E. Santa Fe St., Gardner, Kan.
- 850 E. Warren St., Gardner, Kan.
- 7401 State Ave., Kansas City, Kan.
- 1285 W. Dennis Ave., Olathe, Kan.
- 24200 W. 43rd St., Shawnee, Kan.
- 2300 N.W. Outer Road, Blue Springs, Mo.
- 2300 S.W. U.S. Highway 40, Blue Springs, Mo.
- 620 N.W. Jefferson St., Grain Valley, Mo.
- 2500 S. Hub Drive, Independence, Mo.
- 6855 E. U.S. Highway 40, Independence, Mo.
- 13750 Holmes Road, Kansas City, Mo.
- 9200 N. Oak Trafficway, Kansas City, Mo.
- 465 S.E. Oldham Parkway, Lee’s Summit, Mo.
- 3920 S. State Route 291, Lee’s Summit, Mo.
- 24610 E. U.S. Highway 50, Lee’s Summit, Mo.
- 280 N. Church Road, Liberty, Mo.
- 7101 Stewart Road, Pleasant Valley, Mo.
“Safety was a pioneer in the storage industry in West Missouri. We’ve been working on this acquisition for a number of years, and we’re really excited to finally be adding the Safety portfolio to our stores in the Kansas City metro area,” said StorageMart CEO Mike Burnam.
Property features include indoor and outdoor vehicle parking, climate-controlled and drive-up units, dock-high access for large moving trucks and semi-trucks, retail stores with moving and packing supplies, perimeter fencing, gated access, and video cameras. StorageMart plans to upgrade the lighting at all of the properties.
Headquartered in Columbia, Mo., and founded in 1999, StorageMart owns and operates 163 storage facilities in the United States and Canada.