StorageMart, a self-storage company with more than 130 locations across the United States and Canada, will give a $1,000 scholarship to five students pursuing degrees at any level of higher education as part of the its 2012 ScholarSmarts program.
Designed to be as inclusive as possible, ScholarSmarts is open to any student enrolled in the spring 2012 semester at any college, university, trade or technical school in the United States or Canada. The application is in an essay format. Applicants must answer one of the following questions:
- What link is there between a clutter-free workspace and increased productivity?
- How has self-storage improved your lifestyle?
Winning submissions will be chosen based on originality and creativity, but must meet the following three base standards:
- All submissions must have a title.
- Essays are to be a minimum of 500 words in length.
- Essays must be predominantly comprised of unique content, with proper citation of any research material used.
No more than one submission will be accepted from any individual. Submissions should be sent via e-mail along with legal name, mailing address, telephone number and the name of the school in which the applicant will enroll for the spring 2012 semester.
The deadline for essay submissions is Dec. 16. Winners will be announced on Jan. 16 via the StorageMart Facebook page and YouTube channel. Information can be found at Storage-mart.com/scholarship.