U-Haul International recently purchased six self-storage facilities in the United States and a warehouse in Canada that will be converted to self-storage. The facilities total more than 356,700 square feet of net rentable space in more than 2,000 storage units with additional vehicle-parking spaces.
The acquired facilities are in Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia. The warehouse is in Ajax, Ontario. No financial terms were disclosed.
The acquisitions include:
- 301 Robins W. Parkway, Warner Robins, Ga.Formerly The Spare Room Storage, the property is on a 4.2-acre lot and includes 12 one-story buildings. It comprises more than 70,000 square feet of net rentable self-storage and in more than 430 storage units.
- 239 Station St., Ajax, Ontario, Canada.The 38,400-square-foot warehouse currently has truck rentals and U-Box pods, and will soon offer self-storage services.
- 409 Highway 9 S., Marlboro, N.J.The facility encompasses 60,640 square feet in five two-story buildings and four one-story buildings with 487 units, 37 of which are climate-controlled. There are also two one-story buildings with 14,595 net square feet of retail space available for rent.
- 4101 Pepsi Place, Chantilly, Va.The 66,412-square-foot block building is a former Pepsi bottling plant. Then 9.27-acre property features a one-story building with six dock-high doors and 20-foot to 25-foot ceilings. Currently, the property will be leased from the previous owner following a close of escrow no later than Dec. 31, 2014.
- 2990 S. 20th St., PhiladelphiaThe property features 14 one-story buildings containing 752 self-storage units in 63,900 net rentable square feet. The property also has 18 RV-parking spaces.
- 2175-2185 South Road, Poughkeepsie, N.Y.The former La-Z-Boy furniture property encompasses 6.99 acres with two single-story block buildings totaling 33,370 square feet of net rentable self-storage.
- 3307 U.S. Highway 17-92 W., Haines City, Fla.Formerly Century Self Storage, the property consists of five one-story buildings and one two-story building containing an office and manager's apartment. The facility offers 387 storage units as well as boat- and RV-parking spaces. The 57,375 feet of net rentable space is on 6 acres.
Established in 1945, U-Haul has more than 36 million square feet of storage space at more than 1,000 owned and managed facilities throughout North America.
- Newswire: U-Haul Open for Business in Ajax, Ontario
- PR Newswire: U-Haul Expands Moving and Storage Operations to Haines City, Florida
- PR Newswire: U-Haul Company of South Philadelphia Purchases Existing Storage Facility
- PR Newswire: U-Haul Acquires U-Haul Moving and Storage of West Robins
- PR Newswire: U-Haul Company of Northern Virginia Expands U-Haul Self-Storage Operations With the Acquisition of a Former Pepsi Bottling Plant
- PR Newswire: U-Haul Company of Central New Jersey Expands U-Haul Self-Storage Operations with the purchase of NJ Self Storage
- PR Newswire: U-Haul Expands Service to Poughkeepsie, N.Y.