London-based Access Self Storage has announced the six finalists of its annual business-awards program, designed to recognize the achievements of the more than 6,000 business customers who rent space from any of the company’s more than 50 U.K. locations. The winning tenant will be announced later this year and receive a business package worth £4,000, according to a company press release. The finalists are:
- Bee Good, a maker of honey-based beauty products
- Echno, a supplier of cases, skins and other accessories for mobile phones
- Racesolutions, consultation and support services for race events
- Sandhurst Interiors, a commercial refurbishment company specializing in office-partition and suspended-ceiling systems
- Sous Chef, a food-and-dining website targeting cooks and supplying ingredients, equipment, tableware and gift items
- Wedding Smashers, a wedding-DJ service
The winning package will consist of a media and communications planning day with the Golden Goose PR agency, as well as the use of free storage space and office facilities from Access for a limited time, the release said.
A panel of judges, including Alon Shulman, CEO and founder of Entrepreneurs Universe, a forum that helps entrepreneurs find investors and network with industry leaders, will select the winner. Last year, submissions were judged on business excellence and initiative, according to a previous release. “I recognize a driven individual with good business sense when I see one, and a lot of the small business owners running businesses from storage units fit that mold,” Shulman said.
Access created the program last year after experiencing a surge in rentals from start-up companies and small businesses looking for managed office space within self-storage facilities, according to company officials. In addition to storage services, Access offers post-box addresses, phone-answering services, IP telephony and shipping services from DHL.
Access Self Storage facilities are concentrated in Greater London, with additional locations in the Birmingham, England, metro area and the English counties of Berkshire and Hampshire.