Im back on my new favorite topic: the online forum, that fun, frisky format for discussion, debate and dialogue. (I also seem to be in an alliterative mood today.) Anyway, ISS would like to start a new section in the magazine including quotes and thoughts from you, the people in the trenches: facility owners, operators and managers. Wed like to feature this page in our domestic and international issues.
Im currently working on the ISS Canada supplement edition, and I posted some questions in the International Storage thread of Self-Storage Talk?a few too many, Im afraid. I should have clarified to our posters and lurkers that Im looking for a reply to any one of my questions, not necessarily all of em. So, how about sending in a reply? Awww cmon on! Send me your thoughts. Its a quick way to be heard, and your opinion really does count.
Here are questions. You can answer just one of them?or more if you like. You can post your comments to this blog, at Self-Storage Talk, or send them directly to me at [email protected].
- What do you like most about being in self-storage?
- How do you see the storage industry change over the past five years?
- What has been the most significant improvement in the industry for you?
- Do you plan to add a new facility (new-build or conversions) within the next two years?
- Are you thinking of adding services (boat/RV, wine storage, records management, portable storage, etc.) to you facility in the next five years? What kind?
- How many facilities do you think will exist in your area within the next five years?
Im looking forward to hearing from you!