Renovating Your Self-Storage Facility: Measuring the True Impact on Occupancy, Revenue and Budget
Today's market is competitive enough for existing self-storage operators without them having to keep up with the "Joneses," the modern facilities opening in the neighborhood. While advertising and marketing are important in attracting new renters, appearance can account for the decisions of as many as 80 percent of your renters. This reality needn't be daunting for owners and managers of older facilities. Join us for this informative webinar, where you'll learn:
- Why your competitor down the street may be attracting more renters than you
- The true cost of lowering rental rates to gain renters
- How you can increase your curb appeal without increasing your budget
- Step-by-step measures to safely replace older doors, even while units are occupied
- How reworking your unit mix can pay for itself in increased rentals of new sizes
- How upgrading your appearance can upgrade your profit
- How renovating your facility can lessen workers'-compensation claims and injuries
- A lender's and appraiser's perspective on the value of renovation
If you own or manage a self-storage facility, you don't want to miss this free, live webinar!
Jim Ponti is the central-region sales manager for Janus International, a manufacturer of commercial and industrial doors and building components for self-storage and other industries. Jim provides product sales, feasibility, design and operational consulting to self-storage owners and developers in 13 states. He previously worked for Safeguard Self Storage, where he started as a regional operations manager and was promoted to national operations manager, overseeing 33 facilities. Jim started his career in the banking industry, working as a commercial mortgage lender, asset manager and real estate appraiser. He maintains his license as a state-certified general real estate appraiser and environmental auditor.
Chip Cordes is the co-founder of Summit Construction Management Group, a Clearwater, Fla.-based firm offering self-storage construction, management and consulting services to industry owners and investors. A self-storage professional since 1989, Chip was the co-founder and vice president of U.S. Door & Building Components until 2009, when he served as consulting vice president to National Constructors Inc. There he operated four Sunshine Self-Storage facilities in Florida. He has more than 20 years of self-storage construction and operational experience.