With technology rapidly evolving, it’s critical self-storage managers and owners be tech-savvy. They should be able to competently navigate their facility’s management software for day-to-day operations and advanced reporting. Many management software programs remain Windows-based platform, but now operators can also choose Web-software applications. Self-storage operators are revamping their websites for better search-engine optimization for organic search results, and some are experimenting with pay-per-click advertising and third-party self-storage directories. Operators are boosting their facility websites to include real-time reservation and payment modules and other customer relationship management systems, along with blogs and articles with tips for consumers. Most operators recognize we live in a world filled with automation and consumers who want what they want when they want it. These operators are experimenting with unmanned sites, including self-storage kiosks and automated self-storage retrieval systems. Self-storage security is no longer restricted to keypad access and security gates. Today’s facilities have sophisticated video-surveillance systems with digital video recorders, individual door alarms, online remote monitoring, unit overlocks and network video recorders.
- Top Five Mistakes Made by New Self-Storage Developers: Know What They Are So You Can Avoid Them
- Call-Center Interface for SiteLink Web Edition
- Smart Storage Concepts Joins INSOMNIAC Self Storage Network
- Self-Storage Development Trends: Conversions and Multi-Story Building Lead the Way
- Self-Storage Included in Proposed Upscale Development in South Florida
- Police Chief Fires Cops Involved in Alleged Beating Caught on Self-Storage Camera
- ezStorage New Website
- PhoneSmart Breaks Self-Storage Reservations Record in May
- The Role of the Self-Storage Manager: Simplest Job in the World or Challenging Multi-Faceted Position?
- Domico 7