Self-storage customers are concerned about the safety of their goods in storage, and security has become a non-negotiable amenity at any self-storage facility. Most self-storage owners and operators invest in some form of access control including perimeter fencing, access gates and keypads. Others install security equipment and features including wireless door alarms, video surveillance, digital video recorders, motion-sensor beams, and site-graphics displays. More and more self-storage owners are exploring top-level security options such as biometrics and off-site monitoring. Crime prevention in self-storage is a burgeoning issue as more and more incidents of theft, arson and vandalism are reported every year.
Burglary Alarm Scares Off Intruder at Castle Self Storage
August 23, 2010 Posted in News
- StorageFront Adds Rental Capability to Online Self-Storage Directory
Burglars Target Self-Storage Facilities in Shenandoah County, Va.
August 16, 2010 Posted in News
K9 Officer and Police Dog Patrol Self-Storage Facilities in Wichita Falls, Texas
August 9, 2010 Posted in News
PA Man Accused of Murder Stockpiling Weapons at Home, Self-Storage
August 3, 2010 Posted in News
- Houston Self-Storage Manager Beefs Up Security After Break-Ins
Annapolis Police Investigate Self-Storage, Residential Burglaries
July 20, 2010 Posted in News
- Second Self-Storage Arsonist in Virginia Beach Sentenced to Four Years
- Thieves Cut Chain-Link Fence, Break Into Self-Storage Units in Florida
- Two ATVs and Mini Bike Stolen From Arizona Self-Storage Facility